DRAMAS THAT DISAPPOINTED ME
|Scarlet Heart: Ryeo (Source)|
The K2: Second-biggest letdown.
Sweet Stranger and Me: Cute and adorable until it began to lag, with a 'meh' ending.
Cinderella and the Four Knights: I grew too furious with one character to finish it.
Mirror of the Witch: I actually LOVED this drama right off the bat... but I couldn't get over the fact the male lead is in his thirties while the female lead is a minor.
Neighborhood Hero: Lee Soo-Hyuk suffers from the particular calamity of being the One Great Thing in an otherwise lackluster drama, and sometimes even he can't make up for everything else.
Goblin: I actually shouldn't put this drama here, since I've only seen the first episode, but it was 95% meh with 5% beautiful potential, and I'll give it a few more tries.
DRAMAS I LOVED
|W: Two Worlds (Source)|
Oh My Venus: Just... so cute and strangely inspiring.
W: Two Worlds: Incredibly tight writing, wonderful plot twists, and delightful characters.
My Love From Another Star: Adorable.
Descendants of the Sun: It took a while to grow on me, but grow it did.
Legend of the Blue Sea: Lee Min-Ho as a con-man and Jun Ji-Hyun as a mermaid? Flawlessly adorable chemistry? Yes, please.
Beautiful Mind: In spite of its shortened ending, this drama was beautiful and kept me hooked.
The Girl Who Sees Smells: This one lagged slightly but remains dear to my heart.
DRAMAS I FELL OUT OF BUT STILL INTEND TO FINISH
|Vampire Detective (Source)|
Moonlight Drawn By Clouds: This drama is gorgeously adorable, but I took a break after my favorite minor character left because I missed him.
Warrior Baek Dong Soo: This drama is 70% 'I don't care' and 30% 'HOLY COW THIS IS AMAZING' so... yes. Slowly but surely.
Entertainer: This drama is touching and I want to see where it goes, but the writing of Ji Sung's character is extremely awkward sometimes and makes it a little difficult to watch.
I Remember You: This one has a good plot and a good cast, but is also quite slow.
It's an incomplete list as I don't employ MyDramaList or any other nifty tools to keep track of which dramas I've watched or dropped, but it's a colorful list in any case. I have high hopes for several upcoming dramas (mainly Man to Man, starring my man Park Hae-Jin), but I also have a personal list of things I would love to see in 2017.
THINGS I WANT OUT OF DRAMAS IN 2017
- A comedy/action drama starring Kim Woo-Bin.
- Anything starring Kang Dong-Won. (Literally anything, although urban fantasy would be incredible.)
- Another drama starring Jang Hyuk and Park So-Dam as the romantic leads.
- Any drama where Park Hoon has more than a three-minute role.
- Ditto for Sung Chang-Hoon.
- A drama starring Han Hye-Joo in serious, non-comedic role.
- A thriller starring Shin Sung-Rok as the hero. (PLOT TWIST!!)
- A drama where Lee Soo-Hyuk has a role as epic as Gwi from Scholar Who Walks the Night, but with a story that deserves him.
- A drama starring Xiah Junsu. Yes, I know he's a musical star. Yes, I know he doesn't do dramas. That doesn't stop this from being my biggest drama dream.
- A drama version of Dracula.
- A thriller starring Yeon Jung-Hoon.
I don't ask for much, right?
What's YOUR drama wishlist for 2017?