In which Ward is back on the team, Lincoln and Mike are in trouble, Raina's up to no good, Gordon gets stitches, and Cal is surprisingly non-violent.
At SHIELD 2.0, Coulson tries to charm Gonzalez into agreeing to an extremely ambitious rescue mission to get Mike Peterson and Lincoln away from HYDRA. He comes up with a crazy plan which Gonzalez actually agrees to (cue suspicious alarm bells), but May is still pretty ticked at Coulson for going behind her back. Coulson explains that he was visiting May's ex, Garner, to help cope with his 'alien writing' breakdown, and she should be able to understand that. She doesn't.
"Well, this is awkward."
• While I actually enjoy Agents of SHIELD's sometimes over-the-top cheesiness, I was impressed with the deft way they handled the Ultron tie-ins. It was a great plot twist with other subtle hints thrown in, and kept the episode from feeling like one big preview for Age of Ultron.
• How about Skye's fight scene, huh? HUH?? It was like May, only (dare I say it) - better.
• I almost had a heart attack when I saw Gordon injured, but fortunately all he needed was a few steri-strips. Thank goodness.
• What's the 'secret' that Gonzalez (Mr. THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO SECRETS HERE Gonzalez) is keeping? Any guesses?
• What does Gonzalez what powered people for?
• Hunter's part was small, but thoroughly precious and adorable. I'm relieved he forgave Mack and that their relationship can move back into the friendzone. However...
• WHAT THE PADDYWHACK IS GOING ON IN JEMMA'S MIND? It's like the more Fitz puts himself back together, the more Jemma falls apart - except she's more violent, more dangerous, and schemes a whole lot more than Fitz ever did.
• While he was Under the Influence, I still teared up at Bakshi's death. Did I ever expect Bakshi would make me feel any emotion other than 'ew go away'? No. But he did.
• HOW ABOUT A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR WARD'S CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT! Ward's driving instinct has always been two things - he wants to survive, and he wants to belong - and yet, once he found someone he loved (i.e. Kara/33) he loved her enough to let her go, to return her to a life he knew was better for her. Ward, I love you and I can never stay mad at you.
• I'm going to see Age of Ultron tonight. If you don't hear from me for a while, it's because I'm in an emotional coma.
Also, as an apology because this is a day late (there were extenuating circumstances yesterday) I drew my girl Wanda as a peace offering.