One of the best things about movie series is watching them in a marathon! And with school breaks and hot days looming on the horizon, there are plenty of chances to host a marathon of some of your favorites! Here are some of mine:
This is possibly the reigning champ of movie marathons. Not only do you have three movies to marathon, you can choose different versions! (Although the extended editions are the best way to watch this series.) Lord of the Rings is full of great characters, beautiful scenery, and strong storytelling, making it a perfect series to spend a day with.
Pirates of the Caribbean
I confess I have not yet put together a marathon of all of these movies (only the first two). Featuring charming characters, plenty of humor, and some wild-but-fun adventures, Pirates would make a great choice for a summer movie party.
Marvel Cinematic Universe
The Marvel Cinematic Universe features multiple interconnecting storylines engineered to bring dozens of characters together. The stories are fun and intense and filled with amazing characters. Factoring in all the movies and TV shows, this would be quite the binge-watching session. But a marathon of such super proportions isn’t always a possibility, so the MCU is easy to break down into smaller segments.
- Phase One
- Includes: Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, and The Avengers.
- Chronicles the journey of the Avengers as they become superheroes and become a team.
- Phase Two
- Includes: Iron Man 3, Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Avengers: Age of Ultron, and Ant-Man.
- Shows how the Avengers have changed since becoming a team and expands the world of the stories.
- Iron Man trilogy
- A completed series within the MCU, Iron Man focuses on Tony Stark and his journey to becoming a superhero and a central part of the Avengers team.
- Captain America trilogy
- Another completed series within the MCU, the Captain America trilogy tells the story of Steve Rogers from the 1940s to the present, and features some of the biggest twists in the MCU.
- Or a build-your-own marathon of your top favorites!